Thursday 1 May 2014

MAY DAY MADNESS

Its May day...Two weeks to go until my surgery. I am feeling much better with it since my pre op assessment yesterday.

I am lucky that through the NHS choose and book system I was able to see the surgeon of my choice, Darren Fern. He operates out of a private hospital only, so guess what? I get to go private on the NHS. The only things I will have to pay for are any telephone calls made from my room and meals for guests!! Maybe we will all be able to meet up and have a big dinner!

I will have a private room and bathroom. This will be lovely for the first few days but I remember from last time that I got quite lonely once I had got past the sleepy stage. I am hoping that I will have plenty of visitors. hint,hint!

When I got to the hospital yesterday I was greeted by the occupational therapist. Between us we worked out all the things I would need post op at home. She put the order in and it will all be delivered to my home before the op. I am so lucky to be in the UK, this is all provided free. I see post so often from fellow "hippies" in the states who have to pay for everything. What happens to the people who live in poverty or cannot afford insurance? Do they just suffer in pain and get to a point where they cant walk?

After seeing the occupational therapist I then saw a nurse who took my blood and talked me through the procedure etc, whilst she continued doing paperwork another nurse came in and took an MRSA swab and did an ECG. All very thorough and reassuring.

We did have a bit of a giggle when I handed back my forms as amongst them was an application to join Truro tennis club...it had got muddled in my forms (it was for my step son) but without looking at it properly I had filled in my details :-)




Todays adventure is to sign up to be a Forever Living distributor. I believe in the product so I am hoping that I will be able to make a real go of this. I have hip dysplacia and Crohn's disease and have not been able to work for a long time. I am hoping that as I can do this from home that it will work for me. John works so hard as an optometrist to provide for us all, I hope that by bringing in an income that he will be able to work less hours so that we can spend more time together.
I am hoping that being housebound following the OP that this will be something I can do to take my mind off things.

https://www.foreverliving.com/retail/entry/Shop.do?store=GBR&language=en&distribID=440500018943

2 comments:

  1. How long will you be in hospital for, Claire?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 nights hopefully, then stuck in bed for 50mins out of every hr for a couple of weeks...plenty of time to blog and have visitors :-)

    ReplyDelete